Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Back to Hong Kong

It was a relaxing morning.  We didn't have to leave until 12 noon for the airport.  So we had breakfast outside in our units, and lounged around, reading, etc.  Gerard and Dan had another massage this morning at 10:00.  I thought I would get the telescopic lens on my camera and see what I could find.  Not much happening, but I did see this guy in the creek, in the ravine, behind us.


Fortunately, there's a bamboo fence on our side of the ravine with some netting at the bottom.  It didn't instill a lot of confidence though when I saw a chicken and some chicks go around or through the bamboo fence beside us.

Nyoman picked us up at 12:00 sharp to take us to the airport.  On the way, we were going through his village, so he asked if we would like to see his family's complex.  Sure!  This is him going in "the door".


These are some of his nieces and a nephew.  So cute.


The family all lives in one compound (28 of them, I think he said).  They have individual units.  He lives there with his wife and 2-1/2 yr old twins.  They were sleeping when we arrived, but we met his wife, and his father and mother.  By the way, his father is also Nyoman (third child).

Almost at the airport, we saw a funeral procession.  It was quite long, with music.  This tall object is where the body to be cremated is.  Cremation is the standard Hindu practice.


We're in Hong Kong now.  Had a good night's sleep at a hotel right next to the airport.  We're ready to go back into the airport, so I guess I'm at the end of blogging.  I've enjoyed keeping track of what we've done and hope you've enjoyed reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment